Change of mindset

February 20, 2021

girl exercising

Written by Anna Bauer

Where do you belong? Right at the bottom? Although this is an ancient scheme, it seems many things are still the same. It feels like 95% of people work to make the remaining 5% richer and richer.

The old pyramid of Capitalism by “Nedeljkovich, Brashich, & Kuharich”

The old classical life-cycle most of our parents have raised us with goes like this:

  • You need to study hard
  • So you can get a good job after graduation
  • So you can have a good salary
  • And you can feed yourself and your family
  • Work the same job for 40 years
  • Get to pension
  • And live humbly for the remaining years…or days.

But we well know that this model leaves us old and broke. How many times have you heard: It’s not about the destination, it’s about the journey…

But what journey are we talking about if, when we calculate our active hours this is the balance:

  • 24 Hours/day
  • -9 hours of work
  • -1-hour commuting
  • -1-hour cooking
  • -1-hour cleaning
  • -1-hour self-care
  • -8 hours sleep
    Total Balance: 3 hours left

And there is more. Within these 3 hours we are supposed to have a social life, pay a visit to our parents and keep our relationship blooming like the first year of marriage(and when you have kids you shall mash up all these together, go figure out).

You need to see your work-life from a new perspective: What can I do to make the highest amount of money, by investing as little time as possible, so that I can live the rest of the time?

And this is the right place to find the ways to level UP. Browse our categories, especially the Make Money section.

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles

How to raise a genius

How to raise a genius

Oh...dear parents...raising a genius. Either the next Einstein or Beethoven, we would love to raise a super-smart kid. But how? Several historical figures are known to have had an unconventional upbringing, but many others, nothing special really… so how do we do...

Why my girl seems to love daddy more than me?

Why my girl seems to love daddy more than me?

Mother-daughter, such a beautiful loving bond. I nourish her, clean, read and educate. I love her unconditionally with a type of love I had never been capable to perceive from experience, books, movies, or observation. But when she is back from daycare, the first...

What does it really mean to be married?

What does it really mean to be married?

I have never been married! -Said a friend of mine while she has 3 kids with her official, publicly known husband. I was confused about what was she talking about when she elaborated by explaining that she is the only one who has ever invested in their relationship....